Love is passion, obsession; someone you can't live without...fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back...because the truth is, there is no sense living your life without this. -William Parrish

Tuesday, November 6, 2012


mm. i love autumn. i do.

 i love listening to the leaves crackling beneath my feet and feasting on the terribly impressive display of color.

i spent september in the peaks of snow basin. my eyes saw the first leaf turn crimson.

i spent october walking through the valley of the dog park, treading on a carpet of bright leaves.

a few nights ago, as momma and i were walking through the dog park we saw one lone tree, holding on to all it's golden leaves. the surrounding trees were empty with no color to offer.

sometimes i feel like i am holding on to my leaves to the bitter end; showing off my color long after those around me have faded. the year i got engaged, my color never faded.

this year i am a barren, empty tree. my leaves were the first to fall and my color the first to fade. my branches were full of hope and green with life once, but the cold came too quickly and i am left with empty branches; hungry as i look at the harvest around me.

i crave a blanket of white snow to tuck me into winter's slumber, so i can rest and sleep and hope for spring; hope for budding, green, full branches.

i am grateful that the earth mourns. i am grateful for seasons of abundance and seasons of scarcity. seasons of loss and seasons of hope.

i love autumn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment