Love is passion, obsession; someone you can't live without...fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back...because the truth is, there is no sense living your life without this. -William Parrish

Monday, November 7, 2011

blessed.

tender, tender weekend. i do not know how to express my admiration and love for my curtis family. a few weeks ago the day before and of my grandpa's funeral, it was my curtis family who came and washed windows, cleaned chairs, clean our yard, and offer support as we hosted a dinner at my mom's after the funeral. there is not a better bunch of people than this family.

i am grateful today for many things. especially the legacy of aunt robyn. a woman of character and faith.

all morning i have been thinking of a story told about aunt robyn at her funeral: her daughter came home from school crying, boys had followed her home and thrown rocks at her. robyn bandaged her up, found chocolate suckers and took her daughter down the street to offer treats to these boys. robyn taught and LIVED to give better than received. i want this legacy and know i can do better.

speaking of receiving better than giving, my sweet husband-who made it possible for me to travel to denver by taking my clients, arranging showings with other clients, tending my dog and helping me to get out the door-had 2 dozen, GORGEOUS, fragrant red roses waiting on our kitchen counter when i walked in the door.

i am blessed.

1 comment: